Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Cabinet graphics lettering cleaning

(03-30-2016, 03:33 PM)Ron Ramirez Wrote:  Beware - the new decals do not use the same font as the originals, so it won't be a simple matter of laying new decals over old ones.
Actually I think that I'll just leave it as is. 

The brilliance of the decals is a bit stronger than I want.  If I could have "uncovered" the original lettering to a somewhat muted shade it would have been perfect.
(03-30-2016, 07:25 PM)DeckApe Wrote:  I was just surprised to see a KOMO label in the rack.  Didn't know the signal made it all the way from Seattle to California!
Not sure where you're located, but in SoCal we seem to be able to pick up an awful lot of signal both north and south after sundown.

KCBS & KGO/San Francisco and KFBK/Sacramento come booming in like locals, just to name three off the top of my head.  KOMO can be heard every night, just not quite as strongly, along with  KOH/Reno, KSL/Salt Lake & KOB Albuquerque, east of the Rockies.

I was originally going to install KFWB/980 on that preset, which converted from all news to all sports, but noticed lately that there was a foreign tongue coming through on that frequency. 

Investigating on the net, I discovered that the station owners recently sold it to a foreign language entity.  KOMO at 1000 Kc was nearby, so I chose them instead.  At least I can understand them... Icon_wink

Messages In This Thread
Cabinet graphics lettering cleaning - by fifties - 03-27-2016, 01:32 PM
RE: Cabinet graphics lettering cleaning - by fifties - 03-31-2016, 01:34 AM