Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Unidentified Philco?

Ron- Thanks for the tip on the historical society... Definitely worth the visit, so I'll add it to the agenda...

As to "Joisey" Anything below roughly a line from Trenton due east to the ocean is South Jersey. Above that is"Central Jersey" which itself is pretty nice. North Jersey is the section generally regarded as "Joisey"- we think they kinda would rather be "New York City West" rather than part of our pretty state. (And we, the same...) Anyway, Camden doesn't really give a good picture of South Jersey- very depressed city since the population migrated away during race riots in the 60's. Hence the loss of such icons as Campbell's Soup's 3 water towers painted to look like soup cans, and the majority of the RCA-Victor plant, the remnants of which are now "The Victor". I'm in an apartment about 10 minutes from there, and have no wish to move into Camden. Might like to tour it sometime, but I doubt Enrico Caruso would recognize the place(among themany artists who recorded there over the years). "The House" is most likely to be found near farms, or small town, preferably with an airstrip next door...(My other love is flying, um, oh, yeah, and my girlfriend Donna...)

Once you get past Camden, it gets better- although pretty heavily suburbanized within 20 miles... If you are in the area again, drop me a note ahead of time! Right near Camden is "The Pub" a landmark for decades- and the things they can do with a steak, roast, pretty much any decent cut of meat! Hungry just thinking about it... I've never been to "Philly Diner" but Diners are really a South Jersey thing...lol Used to be tons of them, now down to hundreds...

Thanks for the dating on the chassis, as well- gives me an idea where to look for old ads. I'm still hoping to find something. Probably a one-of made for the governor, etc., etc.... lol...

Scott

Old Cars, Old Radios, Old Pipes and Young Women... What more is there?

Messages In This Thread
Unidentified Philco? - by Ron Ramirez - 12-16-2005, 11:41 PM
[No subject] - by Ron Ramirez - 12-16-2005, 11:45 PM
[No subject] - by Tim Tress - 12-17-2005, 04:43 PM
[No subject] - by Chuck Schwark - 12-17-2005, 05:49 PM
[No subject] - by Ron Ramirez - 12-20-2005, 03:51 PM
[No subject] - by Ron Ramirez - 12-20-2005, 03:57 PM
Joisey - by Robbie Roberts - 12-20-2005, 05:02 PM