Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Preset buttons work, dial button soft volume

Ampico66 Wrote:Well... the power transformer self destructed today, so no need to answer that question about the soft volume. Icon_sad Anybody got a spare transformer? I don't suppose ANY transformer with a "high voltage" winding and 6v filament winding would work?

Damon

Are you certain of that? Did it really burn up? Do you know which winding went out? I would check those electrolytics for shorts, they may be to blame. Here is what I would do, find an appropriate sized transformer from a junker chassis, since it's a set with 6.3 volt tubes that means a scrap chassis from about 1935-65, including radio phonograph units. Count how many tubes it has, and what sort of rectifier, and what voltage the high voltage winding is, if it uses a 6X5 or an 84 then the rectifier doesn't matter. The high voltage winding can vary about 10% plus or minus and it won't make much difference, but get one that is as close as possible.
Best Regards
Arran

Messages In This Thread
Re: Preset buttons work, dial button soft volume - by Guest - 10-22-2008, 10:01 PM
Re: Preset buttons work, dial button soft volume - by Arran - 07-03-2009, 09:03 PM