Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Preset buttons work, dial button soft volume

Damon,

I am also working on one of these, and I am also in St. Louis! I just finished re-capping the unit but haven't re-attached the tuner assembly. It hasn't been powered up yet.

My transformer was toasted when I got the set - Ron R. set me up with the winding parameters and it crosses to a Hammond 270FX. You've got to be careful and make sure you get a big enough filament winding to power all 8 tubes in this thing. I got one from RadioDaze - it wasn't cheap, but I'm on a quest now. I put an 8 pin octal plug on it from Gateway Electronics to facilitate easier cabinet assembly.

Here's the details on the transformer-
HV - 550V center tapped (275-0-275) at 150 mA.
Filament - 6.3V at 5A
Filament 2 - 5.0V at 3A (not used)

The filaments add up to 3 amps, so you could conceivably use two transformers- there's plenty of room. I'd use at least a 4A filament transformer.

If you're interested, there's an antique radio club here in St. Louis - http://www.archradioclub.org . We meet once a month and talk about stuff like this, among other things. Check the website and/or email me for more information.

Joe T.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Preset buttons work, dial button soft volume - by Guest - 10-22-2008, 10:01 PM