Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I REALLY have to stay off auction sites for a while...

(04-22-2016, 07:07 AM)Ron Ramirez Wrote:  
(04-22-2016, 06:57 AM)kiwi_steve Wrote:  I can't find any trace of the green trace in the cloth...

It's there, just faded. You *might* find traces of it on areas that were not exposed.

Quote:Am I right in thinking that because the 38A's got the old pressed metal escutcheon it had no decal?

Correct.

Thanks... I'll check when I start stripping it... and good to know I don't need to use one of my decals...

(04-22-2016, 08:49 AM)Radioroslyn Wrote:  That one really clean compared the other Philco's you've posted. Some of the mid level sets use the 42's p/p with that screen grid phase inversion. The fancier ones use the 42's triode connected w/ another 42 in the driver seat. You can go though a lot of 42 tubes pretty quick. Nice find!!

Terry

Yes, its pretty straight for its age... I'm not planning on doing too much to it other than getting it going for now, but it will need grill cloth if I can find some.

I think this one uses a transformer for phase inversion... so many transformers... so much copper... and I suspect a 1/2" thick lead sheet in the bottom somewhere too!

(04-22-2016, 06:09 PM)Kenneth F. Besso Jr. Wrote:   You say scary Heavy,,,WOW,,---scary 230 volts,,,I say

230V isn't scary... we use half the current you guys do so the actual power draw is the same.  And its about the same as the HT in most radios so its not like it hurts any more or less  Icon_lol

There are no personal problems that can't be overcome with the liberal application of high explosives