Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hay! You Wanna' See What's in the BOX?

In my example the 55 gal. drum is the anode. There are a lot of those drums around here, cheap, used for burning barrels. When I rot one out I get another dropping off the old one at the metal recycler on the way. I usually fill the old one with other metal scrap. They will actually pay for the scrap but I usually just drop it off and move on.

When using a high current supply there is a lot of gas coming off. This also depends on the size of the item you are derusting. 12V seems to be about right (other voltages for plating). So watch your supply for a voltage drop. If it is cutting back (regulated) it probably isn't big enough.

PS: That is REAL WE wire on the supply. It is probably worth $!,000.000. It makes my supply sound better with clear highs and a solid bottom end (not like mine) with just a whiff of lavender. Icon_lolno Icon_crazy

Remember when Circuit City went out of business? That supply ran the local car radio display. It was hooked to a battery and could deliver 300A that way. I run it without the battery (heavy enough). The supplies are expensive but when they were closing I got it for - - - $25.

"I just might turn into smoke, but I feel fine"
http://www.russoldradios.com/

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hay! You Wanna' See What's in the BOX? - by Phlogiston - 05-06-2016, 10:07 AM