Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Precise 111m tube tester restoration

I finally had some time to advance on this project. I used clear epoxy to repair the switch. It seemed very strong, although I am sure if it gets bumped hard again, it will break. Been trying to come up with a way to protect it, but haven't found anything practical as of yet. A well shot picture saved the day in rewiring the switch. Love those digital cameras!

I started the recap. Here are a few shots of the progress.

I hope to attempt calibrating this weekend. I guess this till tell me where I am in the electronic part of this restoration. I found and repaired a broken lead on a resistor on the meter switch, but I don't know if I broke it or if it was already this way. There was a correction on the build sheet to add a .01 mf disc cap across 2 and 9 of the screen voltage control. I added this, since it hadn't already been done. I also found a 220K resistor out of spec on the test switch, so I replaced that too.

If I could find the place called "Somewhere", I could find "Anything" Icon_confused

Tim

Jesus cried out and said, "Whoever believes in me , believes not in me but in him who sent me" John 12:44

Messages In This Thread
Precise 111m tube tester restoration - by TV MAN - 05-27-2016, 10:00 AM
RE: Precise 111m tube tester restoration - by TV MAN - 07-07-2016, 09:17 PM