Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Westinghouse Aeriola Jr. crystal set

I became addicted to listening to ballgames on the radio during summer breaks from college in the mid 1980s. I'd go back to New York where I grew up & still lived at the time from Atlanta where I went to school and found myself having to listen to Yankee games on the radio in order to keep up with them like I'd always had. You see that is when more and more of their games were moved from free TV (WPIX-11) to cable which we didn't have and which my Dad vowed we would never get because he regarded the idea of having to pay for TV as a form of highway robbery.

Well in some ways I got more out of the games by listening to them on the radio than watching them on TV. I still do and the same is true of football, basketball, and other sporting events. The Orioles and Nationals are part of my current DISH satellite TV package but I only watch them on the TV set if they're playing the Yankees or the Cubs; my two favorite teams. Otherwise, I listen to them on one of my antique radios.

Part or all of the Orioles/Red Sox game tonight will be listened to on my Philco 20 Deluxe in fact. Not an unpleasant way to spend an evening or afternoon to say the least.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Westinghouse Aeriola Jr. crystal set - by Eric Smith - 06-15-2016, 04:30 PM