Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Westinghouse Aeriola Jr. crystal set

I'm not much of a sports guy, but my stepson always liked football, and had a couple franchises he always tried to catch.

A couple years passed, he was getting older and much more interested in video games, as I was getting interested in radio. I remember a few times, I'd be in the kitchen cooking up some amazing dinner with the radio tuned to the game, he'd have the tv on in the living room tuned to the game, but also have headphones on playing a video game and paying no attention to the game whatsoever.

Interesting thing, there's a lot less delay on the radio than on the tv. So the radio was sometimes a whole play ahead of the tv. Something good would happen that I knew he'd want to see, and I'd step around the corner of the wall and say, "Hey, watch this play..." It took him a while the first time to even figure out how I was doing it. I think it was the first time he understood that what he was seeing on tv was not truly "live."

I've never listened to a game on a crystal radio, though... Now I'm going to have to get one set up and try it!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Westinghouse Aeriola Jr. crystal set - by palegreenthumb - 06-18-2016, 11:51 AM