Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco Model 077 (?) Signal Generator

I'm currently working on a Philco 116B and the alignment instructions from the Riders manual for the Philco 116B says to use a Philco 088 Signal Generator which from what I've seen so far is a battery Operated Single Tube version of the 077 Signal Generator discussed here in this thread.
And the Alignment instructions for Aligning the IF section of the 116B says to just hook the signal generator directly to the grid cap of the 77 1st Detector tube and the chassis ground (antenna ground lead) and it doesn't mention using a capacitor inline with the antenna (positive) lead of the signal generator instructions. 

But the Signal Generator I have though is a Heathkit SG-8 Signal Generator, which is an AC Operated Signal Generator, should I with my SG-8 attach a capacitor inline with the Antenna (Positive) lead of the signal generator since this is an AC operated unit rather than a Battery operated unit like the Philco 088 Signal Generator, and if so would the reason why they didn't suggest the use of a capacitor inline with the Antenna (positive) lead of the Philco 088 Signal Generator was because it was a battery operated unit?

Thanks for your help with this subject.

Levi

Messages In This Thread
RE: Philco Model 077 (?) Signal Generator - by captainclock1988 - 04-26-2020, 08:45 PM