Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Couple of Nationals for Terry

Too cool, Kirk!! I'll PM you. 

Never had an SLR but I did have a Scott RBO, fortunately a good friend was getting into Scotts, and in fact, had an SLR in his vehicle when he came for a visit. SOOOO...... I insisted that he take the RBO, all 113 lbs of it, with him. 

Although Philco is still my "comfort food," I have been doing a lot of Ham receivers lately. (But at this time I have a Philco 200X chassis on the bench and it is putting up a good fight) Anyway, the WW2 military receivers are pretty good sets. Even the National RAO and RBH, while they do not have great audio, are very good receivers. I also have an RBL, which covers 25KHz to 630KHz in 5 bands. Pretty useless coverage, but an interesting set. It is a very advanced TRF with a regenerative detector. I suspect it was for use on submarines. It looks very similar to the two sets in the pics. Which reminds me, I really need to get better at photography, as both sets have fresh krinkle paint on them and actually look pretty spiffy. 

And now, for a parting thought..... friends don't drive friends to drinking. Or something like that.  

Messages In This Thread
Couple of Nationals for Terry - by TA Forbes - 10-03-2016, 09:55 PM
RE: Couple of Nationals for Terry - by vecher - 10-03-2016, 10:38 PM
RE: Couple of Nationals for Terry - by Arran - 10-04-2016, 02:21 AM
RE: Couple of Nationals for Terry - by Phlogiston - 10-05-2016, 10:06 AM
RE: Couple of Nationals for Terry - by TA Forbes - 10-07-2016, 07:49 PM