Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Model FM-61 Automatic brand fm converter.

If it were mine I would connect it up in my car and see how it operates. If you here whine from the alternator on the radio when you accelerate the engine then the cap might need replacement. If you hear the alternator noise, you can jump the replacement caps across the existing terminals and see if it makes any difference

Otherwise you could disconnect all the wires and components from the cap terminals and check with a capacitance and ESR meter, but I would not bother as it would be just about as much work as installing new caps. Unless you remove and restuff the existing capacitor can with new electrolytics, you will have to install terminal strips to mount the new caps and the existing components connected to them.

That electrolytic has only 12 VDC across it and the chances for failure are minimal. Again, the only purpose for the cap is to filter the alternator noise so if you don't hear it then it is fine as is.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Model FM-61 Automatic brand fm converter. - by Mondial - 01-03-2017, 08:34 PM