Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Giid leak voltage on Sears 101.557-1 chassis

(11-28-2016, 08:22 PM)Radioroslyn Wrote:  Hi Ed,
So your under winx's tower???
Check voltage on pin's 3 and 4 of the mixer tube if you have the 140v or so replace the 6J8. This is assuming that set has been serviced, tube sockets and tuning cap have been cleaned, and check for bent plates. Also check C-6 for proper tracking at the low end of the bc band, could be that it's adjusted so that it is out of the range of the oscillator ability to oscillate (too low).

Terry

Ha Ha, yeah Terry you could say that.  About a mile as the proverbial crow flies, near the Burgundy strip mall.  Sadly WINX has gone the way of almost all the old AM rock stations.  Now it's hispanic, and I can't remember what the call sign is.  Only one tower now instead of the 3 or 4 that used to be off of 355 back in the day.  It comes in loud and clear no matter what.  Anyway, changed 6j8, no help, 140v on mixer, -6v at osc grid which drops to .113 or so at about 6 or 700kc.  Adjusted padder c-6.  Passes signal weakly at 600kc, but no stations.  I think I'm gonna go cry in my beer now.  Thanks for the response Terry.  Really appreciate the help all you guys offer here.  Ed

Messages In This Thread
RE: Giid leak voltage on Sears 101.557-1 chassis - by leftwing25 - 11-28-2016, 09:52 PM