Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Picking up a 37-690

I was feeling a bit crazy the other night and bought a 37-690. Now I have to pick it up and get it home. The plan is to remove both chassis, possibly the main speaker and maybe the doors. I'll be loading it on its back into a VW Golf hatchback which served perfectly well for moving a 38-2. But I only paid $25 for that at Kutztown. So here are my disassembly and moving questions:

How do I disconnect the cables from the lower chassis?
- The "tweeters". I can't tell if they have connectors or are soldered (if so I'll snip close or unsolder).
- The main speaker. I'm pretty sure it has a connector like the 38-2.
- The other two cables have connectors I can unplug from the chassis.

Should I remove the main speaker? It's big and probably heavy. But messing with it has some element danger should I do something dumb. If it's held in place well I'd prefer to just let it be.

Do the doors come off easily? That would lighten the cabinet a bit.

For the top I'm planning to get some of the cushioning stuff they sell for placing around the sides and corners of table tops for moving. The rest of the cabinet I'll probably bubble wrap and cover in a moving blanket(s). I'll plan to hold it all in place with some of the plastic wrap stuff they sell for packing. I'll keep the dial scale covered especially if it even hints of rain...

Did I forget anything important?

Thanks...

Can't think of anything witty.
Greg O.
Whitehall, PA

Messages In This Thread
Picking up a 37-690 - by Greg - 12-07-2016, 11:27 PM
RE: Picking up a 37-690 - by Ron Ramirez - 12-08-2016, 06:10 AM
RE: Picking up a 37-690 - by morzh - 12-08-2016, 09:49 AM
RE: Picking up a 37-690 - by Greg - 12-09-2016, 08:54 PM
RE: Picking up a 37-690 - by Philcophan - 12-23-2016, 11:23 AM