Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Magic Loop Antenna Idea - Advice?

Hello Jayyoungs. My loop antenna-design is alot simpler than you would imagine! Yes, the tuning condenser used on the frame can be stripped from any spare parts AM radio chassis. Once you take time to build the wood frame, wrap 18 turns of wire around it, I can help explain in detail how to add the cntr-coil, & coax lead. Very simple!! Building the 2' x 2' wood frame, and wrapping the long wire around the outside of frame is the hardest part.( wears out your wrists, but very tolerable going slow making the 18 turns in one go)! If you have a spare a.m. radio parts chassis with a 2-gang tuner you can use, plenty of solid-strand 18 ga wire ( approx 140' on a roll), dont let this project intimidate you at all. I can help walk you thru this construction easily! Having this type tuned-loop will completely eliminate your needs of a outdoor longwire antenna forever.This antenna can be used with ANY Radio, TRFs, superhets, & portables. You can use 1" x 2" pcs of wood for the frame. 1, - 8' pc 1x2 straight lumber from Lowes will yield all your special cut pcs of wood needed for the frame. You will need a few handtools such as a coping-saw or better yet a handheld elec sabre-saw makes building the frame abit easier, drill with small drillbit, woodglue,etc. In any case, I will be happy to help you anyway I can! Once you build your first, the others you build is a "breeze"!! I recently helped a fella via a couple phone calls complete his. He was equally amazed at the performance of the antenna!! If you decide to build one, just pm me. I will be glad to provide easy to use instructions! Sincerely, Randal

Messages In This Thread
Magic Loop Antenna Idea - Advice? - by jayoungs - 01-12-2009, 09:01 AM
Re: Magic Loop Antenna Idea - Advice? - by exray - 01-12-2009, 06:23 PM
Re: Magic Loop Antenna Idea - Advice? - by Texasrocker - 01-15-2009, 01:36 AM