Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

wire routing thoughts

I noticed in my 46-1226 oem repair manual information that there is specific wires called out to be routed in a particular manner.

Routed meaning to avoid things like heat or static generation or humming etc.
The information mentions to route the wiring along the outter perimeter of the chassis away from tube sockets and   other items.

I was planning to take all the cob web of wires out and replace with longer or shorter runs so i end up with a bundled wire harness along the chassis , and at the logical point, break out the individual conductors and send them to the termination point.

What i want to do is look down into the bottom of the chassis and see a neatly groomed and fanned out harness.

is this overkill,  is there any net gain in doing it like this ?

I suppose what will end up happening in most all cases is each conductor will be much longer than original, and with that said, is this a bad thing? 

as i stare down into the chassis and especially at the 4 tier waffer band selector switch it appears there was a great effort put into making the wire as short as possible ,,,

it makes me ask this question,, is shorter wires better in these radios for some "engineered" reason?

Messages In This Thread
wire routing thoughts - by jcassity - 04-01-2017, 10:00 AM
RE: wire routing thoughts - by morzh - 04-01-2017, 10:26 AM
RE: wire routing thoughts - by David - 04-01-2017, 01:07 PM
RE: wire routing thoughts - by Mondial - 04-01-2017, 06:29 PM
RE: wire routing thoughts - by jcassity - 04-01-2017, 09:07 PM
RE: wire routing thoughts - by Arran - 04-01-2017, 11:52 PM