Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 48-200 volume weakens with time

OK, so I have found a schematic for the radio (Photofax) and have located the rectifier tube (either a 35Z5GT or a 35Y4), and the output tube ("Power Output" in the documentation - 50A5 or 50L6GT).  I'm assuming that since my problem is occurring after running the radio for a few minutes that I need to test the tube when it is "warm".

What would the best way to do this ?  Run the radio outside the case for 5-10 minutes.  Unplug, remove tube and test, or run the test on the cold tube and essentially have it run in the tube tester for 5-10 minutes.  The later will require me to hold the test button down on the tester for that length of time.  Neither is a big deal, but just asking in case one make more sense than the other.

Also if I need to go so far as checking the resistors R101 and R102 what exactly do I need to do ?  Am I just checking the resistance ?  Can I do this while they are still soldered to the chassis or do I have to remove them ?  Also in my document there is nothing that shows R101, R102 so I am not sure which resistors you are referring to.

Sorry for the rather basic questions, I am inexperienced at doing this type of work, but would like to learn (safely of course)

Attached Files
.pdf 48-200_Photofax.pdf Size: 549.29 KB  Downloads: 118

Messages In This Thread
RE: Philco 48-200 volume weakens with time - by winkydink - 05-03-2017, 05:40 AM