Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1937 Philco 37-620 chairside and 1936 640 tombstone

49Stude63 Wrote:Geez, those shaby chic nuts go a bit far, sometimes you wonder if people engage the grey matter before doing stuff like checking to see if the staples are too long etc.
Thank god that show "Trading Spaces" is basically canceled and the old episodes relegated to early morning re-runs, time after time I saw them destroying some nice piece of furniture with paint just to give it a "New Look" of "Shabby Chic". I almost threw a brick through the TV when I saw them painting over burl walnut. What is it with lady interior decorators with painting over fine woodwork? If they want to paint something paint plastic, particleboard, or pine, not walnut, not mahogany, not quarter sawed oak. Just about every room they did looked like H**l afterwards, with few exceptions, the exceptions being the ones that did not go for the "Country" or the "Shabb Chic" look. Paint, and oil stain for radio cabinets is what vinyl siding and cheap paneling is to houses.
Best Regards
Arran

Messages In This Thread
Re: 1937 Philco 37-620 chairside and 1936 640 tombstone - by Arran - 02-24-2009, 12:42 AM