Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Restoring Philco 37-620

Thanks A12V Pete I plugged it in and it worked well. I do have a 5Y4G rect. that needs replacing, it seems to be a little weak. If I turn it on cold (not warmed up on the 100watt low input rig), it takes a while for the plate voltages to stabilize. I have a low hum in the back ground, not affected by volume control. Will have to run that down. I do have the hum coil connected in the speaker,so that is not the source. Since firing it up, I discovered that sometime in the past, it seems lightening might have hit near by. The antenna coil in the broadcast range, is missing the center tap and wire are missing. This is on the primary side. I haven't been able to locate one yet and it receives local stations well, so I'll use it while looking. It looks like that will be a problem to replace if I find one. What antenna do you use on your radios? I don't have room for a long wire, but have seen a couple of desk top type on line for use with SW and BC. Have you or anyone you know used such an antenna? Have a great day and thanks again for your help. Mike

Messages In This Thread
Restoring Philco 37-620 - by Guest - 02-26-2009, 09:26 AM
Re: Restoring Philco 37-620 - by AI2V - 02-26-2009, 11:07 AM
Re: Restoring Philco 37-620 - by Guest - 02-27-2009, 12:18 PM