Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

48-200 code121 Filament Wiring incorrect

Ding ding ding!!!! Your radio is a winner!!!!!

> One of the pos + wires is attached to the blue wire which is on pin 6 of the rectifier.

This is fine if there is something else connect to pin 6 also as it has no internal connect to the tube. A common configuration would be to have the 220 ohm resistor between pins 8 and 6. 6 being used as a tie point also it would have the 1200 ohm resistor connected there.

> I attached the  1200 ohm resistor to the strip but to which of the terminals does it go?

One end of the 1200 ohm resistor goes to the end of the 220 ohm resistor that isn't connected to pin 8. The other end connects to the screen grid of the audio output tube. Not sure which tube is used in your set, 50A5 (pin 3) or 50L6 (pin 4).

>Correction on my last message: Pos+ is on the plate Pin# 5.

EECCKKK!! [Image: http://philcoradio.com/phorum/images/smi...n_evil.gif]Reminds me of a song Another One Bites The Dust! The only place you should have an ecap connected to the 35Z5 cathode circuit (pin 8) NOT to the plate or heater pins as these have ac voltage on them.
Pic cutoff at the bottom sez cold side of the off/on sw.

Attached Files Image(s)

When my pals were reading comic books
I was down in the basement in my dad's
workshop. Perusing his Sam's Photofoacts
Vol 1-50 admiring the old set and trying to
figure out what all those squiggly meant.
Circa 1966
Now I think I've got!

Terry

Messages In This Thread
RE: 48-200 code121 Filament Wiring incorrect - by Radioroslyn - 11-22-2017, 12:14 PM