Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1948 Philco C4608/ Mopar 802 radio

Thanks for the tips. The buzzing seems to be with the speaker. I was under the illusion that this being a postwar set it would use a PM speaker, but I see it actually does use a field coil speaker. I tried a field coil speaker that is close to what I need that I had laying around and now the buzzing is gone. I can also pass a 455 kHz tone through the set, it's not loud but it's there and I can vary the volume with the control, so it's working some what. Problem is that there was no speaker attached to the radio when I got the car! I thought someone years ago had removed it, but after removing the dashboard from the car I see that the delete cover for the speaker was still installed as if it never had a radio, but there was a radio mounted in the dash. So, I don't know if the previous owner threw a radio in there just for looks or what. I haven't been able to find a correct original speaker so far so I don't know what I'm going to do. The one I'm using now needs a recone and is also too big to use in the car. Again if anyone has any thoughts, please feel free to chime in! Thanks!
Kevin

Messages In This Thread
RE: 1948 Philco C4608/ Mopar 802 radio - by 37silverstreak - 12-19-2017, 10:01 PM
RE: 1948 Philco C4608/ Mopar 802 radio - by morzh - 01-18-2018, 03:57 PM
jloban - by jloban - 06-16-2022, 10:22 PM