Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fisher Custom Electra hum issue

Hi,
I have a Fisher Custom Electra (mono) with the K15 chassis (1956). I have enjoyed this for the last 15 years.  During my ownership I have had capacitors and resistors replaced to the point that "we got 'em all". I use this instrument primarily for playing my 78s and older mono LPs and 45s (Garrard RC 88/4 changer with a GE VR cartridge).
I wanted to listen to a local FM broadcast on the radio and noticed that there is a "hum" that occurs between about 90 and 94 on the FM band. The station that I wanted to listen to was at 92 and the hum was annoying. If I go below 90 on the dial it disappears as well as above 94. No hum on either the AM or the phono. The volume of the hum increased as I advance the AFC control knob. I was using the factory dipole antenna and switched to the roof antenna connected by coax. This made no difference.
I'm at a loss as to the origin of the hum and I was wondering if anyone might have any thoughts as to what might be causing it. btw, no light dimmers, computers or any other electronics within 30 feet of the receiver when it was operating.
Appreciate any suggestions.
Fran

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
Fisher Custom Electra hum issue - by patrician56 - 03-12-2018, 08:28 PM
RE: Fisher Custom Electra hum issue - by TV MAN - 03-13-2018, 07:52 AM