Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Just picked up a Philco Predicta Debutante

I think my Predicta might be shot.... I powered it up slowly tonight over a period of an hour starting at 60v on my variac hoping I'd be lucky enough to have one of the sets that still worked. The tunes glowed but I had no sound and I didn't hear the whine from the flyback warming up. So I decided to try and see if the lead to the flyback was getting power. Ive watched say Predicta videos on YouTube I can't remember which one it was but the guy took the lead that goes to the flyback off the top of the tube and held it just above the terminal to see if it would start arching. Almost like checking spark in an old car. So I tried to do that and the top terminal of the tube fell off then the plug fell off the wire.... does this mean I need a new flyback?

I've attached some pics. So you can see what I mean.

Also I took some picture of the the picture tube apparently it was replaced in 1965... but I can't read the ink as far as what model tube. It looks like 17d something....

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Just picked up a Philco Predicta Debutante - by apERNA1985 - 03-29-2018, 07:37 PM