Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Difference in Schematic and chassis cap values?

First post! Been reading for quite awhile but now need a little guidance.  My background: Retired Navy electronics type however that was 25 yrs ago.  So it has been a relearning curve.  I have retained my soldering skills thru several other hobbies over the years.
I am currently refurbing a Molorola 61-CA.  I know this is a Philco forum but I have 3 Philco's on deck.  I choose the Motorola as my first project mainly because I rx it first. lol
So I have found several cases where a cap in the chassis will have a different value than the schematic?  Do you go by the schematic? or is it a case by case situation?  On one of them the cap in place was a different manufacture so I am going to assume someone repaired and that was what they had.  In that case I will go with the schematic.  But for the ones that appear original but don't match is my question I guess.  Thank you for your time and help in advance.  I am enjoying the process so far and am looking fwd to getting to the Philco's.  My favorite I think will be my 610B.  I listen to SW often so this will be a treat I think.
Tt
KK4KRU

Messages In This Thread