Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hi Fi tube amp kit from China PT 2

Ok all, here we go! oh_yeah Round 2 on the way! I have on hand another tube Amp kit from China. This one is similar, but different from my build a couple years ago. With winter just around the corner, and the shackles about to be removed from work for the season, I am gearing up for another interesting build. The good thing is that I have experience from my previous build that will transfer to this project. It is a 2 channel single ended amp that uses 6L6 output tubes, 12AX7 voltage amp and 5Z4 rectifier. This is a simpler kit with less components. Different layout. I am going to involve my 12 year old son in this build and hopefully spark his interest in electronics. I'm planning to do my own layout and make a set of step by step instructions, and see what happens.

Upon unboxing, this uses a fairy robust power transformer and output transformers. The chassis is stainless and fairly heavy. It also includes a choke, tubes, and components. The tubes are obviously China. 2 items that are not included in this kit are the power cord, which is a common computer type cord, and the bottom cover. It just includes a schematic on one channel and the power supply. Not too impressive, so that will get re-drawn.

I just love the feeling and anticipation of opening a kit box like this and looking at all the goodies inside and know the experience and satisfaction of enjoying the completed project for years to come, knowing I built it! That is an experience that is all but gone in this day and age. Icon_e_sad

What's in the box? OK, take a look!

I already know that I should order a good set of speaker binding posts. Follow along and enjoy as we start the build. I have other projects in the works also, so this will be on and off. Icon_cool

If I could find the place called "Somewhere", I could find "Anything" Icon_confused

Tim

Jesus cried out and said, "Whoever believes in me , believes not in me but in him who sent me" John 12:44

Messages In This Thread
Hi Fi tube amp kit from China PT 2 - by TV MAN - 09-04-2018, 09:40 AM
RE: Hi Fi tube amp kit from China PT 2 - by morzh - 09-04-2018, 12:30 PM
RE: Hi Fi tube amp kit from China PT 2 - by morzh - 09-04-2018, 01:52 PM
RE: Hi Fi tube amp kit from China PT 2 - by Arran - 09-18-2018, 03:11 AM