Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

38-116 Cabinet Color and other questions...

I'm about to start restoring the cabiniet of my 38-116. Does anyone know what the the "proper" color of the cabinet is? Can anyone recommend a product for me to use? The cabinet is in fairly good condition. The sides are near perfect with a nice clear shine but some areas on the front and top are worn through to bare wood. I was wondering if I could use a Howard Restor-A-Finish but I see you can't put a top coat of polyurethane on it. I'd like to avoid a total strip job if possible but I will do it if necessary.

Also, I'm about to order new decals from Radiodaze but noticed that above a couple of the knobs, the words (on, off,etc.) are actually etched into the wood and doesn't look like they should have decals applied but more like putting some gold paint or other substance into the wood and letter etching. It's odd how it's only above two of the five knobs, the others use decals....any thoughts on that?

Thanks,

Ed

Messages In This Thread
38-116 Cabinet Color and other questions... - by Guest - 07-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Re: 38-116 Cabinet Color and other questions... - by Guest - 08-26-2009, 09:30 AM
Re: 38-116 Cabinet Color and other questions... - by Guest - 08-26-2009, 09:47 AM