Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hybrid General Electric Radios Anyone?

I've picked up two of these in as many weeks. The first one for $10 and now one today in trade for a rather used, but still usable blue Arcturus 180 tube. Actually, the one I just got still works and was working on a nearly dead 12BE6 tube! The model number is rubbed off, but someone penciled in T1240A on it and there is enough differences between this one and the T1243B that I picked up last week to make it worth keeping both. Though this MIGHT be a T1243A as it has a 35C5 like the T1243B unlike the 50C5 listed for the T1240A. Also, Antique Radio Museum is off on the transistor count on these. They list only 3 whereas even the faded tag on this one and my other example list something like five transistors on the tube diagram. It's not a Zenith, but a odd-ball radio that performs well enough. Sometimes I get a bit of a speaker or cabinet rattle, but that doesn't surprise me as these are actually a plastic table radio shoved into a wooden outer shell! Icon_eek  So, I can actually reduce the rattle by moving the inner radio around. Also, the speakers are held in by molded plastic clips cast into the inner radio shell. Yes, the speakers can work loose!

No matter where you go, there you are.

Messages In This Thread
Hybrid General Electric Radios Anyone? - by Jayce - 12-15-2018, 05:35 PM