Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Another 16B tone control question...

Im currently going through what I believe is a code 122 16B... The gold label on the chassis was missing, as well as what rectifer tube to use on the label in the cabinet... It currently has a 5Z3 with the tall upright power transformer, not the flat pancake style... Anyway, my tone control is what I believe to be a run 15 pot due the fact there was a tubular .006 mfd after the tone contol going to the plate of the 77... There is only a single black wire coming out the tone control tar and then 4 tiny leads coming out of the tar, one lead going to the first tab, 2 leads going to the center tab, and the 4th lead going to the top tab... According to the schematic I have which is for the codes 121,22,23, it shows the 3 3000pfd caps inside the pot, with a single wire going the the plate of the 77 tube, but no where in the schematic does it show the tubular .006mfd... Is there a proper schematic that shows this change? I just need to know do I need to replace the 3 caps with .003mfds, even though there are 4 leads coming of the tar and then install a fresh .006mfd?

Messages In This Thread
Another 16B tone control question... - by sdradioman - 01-27-2019, 05:56 PM