Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco Tropic A-3641

I worked on this radio today. When I got it, someone had installed a "replacement" candelabra base for the bulb that illuminates the dial. It had obviously been salvaged from a string of Christmas tree lights. I found a proper replacement that looked like it would work on eBay, and ordered it months ago, the end of February. The trouble is, it was coming from China. It never arrived! They had put that it might be as long as April 25th as the outside arrival date, but by then eBay had removed it from my list of orders. Tracking showed it had been sent from China, but it never showed it arriving in the U. S. Oh well. It wasn't that expensive, but it held up my working on this radio for a LONG time. I finally ordered another one of the same type, this time from a U. S. seller. It arrived in a few days. Today I installed it along with a proper bulb. It works well. I tested out the radio too. The tuning condenser was out of alignment and rubbing and so I had to fix that. I can now pick up some stations on 2 bands. I really need a schematic to go much farther. I want to know where the wire that the guy I bought it from attached a long piece of wire for an "antenna" to originally went. I would also like to undo any other mischief.

Messages In This Thread
Philco Tropic A-3641 - by mikethedruid - 02-14-2019, 04:24 PM
RE: Philco Tropic A-3641 - by radiohenry - 02-14-2019, 04:37 PM
RE: Philco Tropic A-3641 - by Ron Ramirez - 02-14-2019, 06:39 PM
RE: Philco Tropic A-3641 - by mikethedruid - 02-14-2019, 08:11 PM
RE: Philco Tropic A-3641 - by mikethedruid - 04-25-2019, 11:16 PM