Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

admiral chassis 5Y2 missing IF can

So, I really don't know much at all about IF circuits but this is a laid back, no hurry project. Its a 5 tube amp, AM radio, mono phono input. I do have the photofact for it. It gives two part numbers Admiral 72B51 and Merit BC-372. I tried to google both a few different times. Its probably me, but that didn't really help. They should be 455kc, and both coils 24.5 ohms dc resistance. I don't see any info on the internal capacitor values. I've got two different thought paths here so I'm having trouble. I've got a component missing from the circuit, clearly a problem. On one hand, it would be great if someone can point me towards where I can get the exact right part. I've had a place called Hammond Manufacturing recommended, but they don't sell to individuals and I guess I'm just not sure what I need to consider in a modern replacement. On the other hand, is there any "give" here? Can I use a 455kc at 13 ohms(I think I could come up with that from the garage) to see if the amp works with the record changer? This is definitely not the only problem with the amp, so I have no idea how this is going to go. Its seen better days. Its been dubbed Admiral Mud Dauber. Restoration is out of my league. If I can bring it back to life, even partially, I'll be happy. Thank you

Messages In This Thread
admiral chassis 5Y2 missing IF can - by birdmouthmouth - 04-25-2019, 07:56 PM
RE: admiral chassis 5Y2 missing IF can - by Chas - 04-25-2019, 08:39 PM
RE: admiral chassis 5Y2 missing IF can - by Chas - 04-26-2019, 09:29 AM