Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Help with Eico 950B knob and pointer

I sure hope I am posting this in the correct Phorum. A couple of years ago I purchased a "working" Eico 950. It has a silver face and 950 on the face. However when I compared it to the various schematics, it has the components and values of the Eico 950B.

When I received it, the middle knob was cracked and the pointer for indicating values was missing. I am hoping to make a replacement pointer from plexiglass. I also need to see a view of the knob. Would anyone be willing to make a trace on paper of the pointer?  I also need to know how the pointer connects to the middle knob.

When I received the Eico, the middle knob was slightly bent toward the bottom of the tester and I believe it must have been dropped at some point. I have straightened the front piece and the potentiometer with the knob is now straight. I have tested it and the HV reaches 490 or so volts. The eye tube works well and when checking a capacitor I can turn the middle knob and I get the correct response shown on the eye tube. Without the indicator I have no way of telling the reading when I get the widest opening of the eye tube.

I would appreciate anyone's response. I would like to get this operating properly to be able to see values as well as to check for leakage.

Thank you for taking time to read this post and I apologize if I should have posted this in the want ads.

Roger

Messages In This Thread
Help with Eico 950B knob and pointer - by redcsctrike - 05-01-2019, 11:30 PM