Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Help with Eico 950B knob and pointer

Thank you Chas for the information. My Eico will only reach 495 volts on my multimeter. Definitely not a voltage I want to experience. I bought an 8 x 10 inch Lexan sheet to use for the cursor. I'm not sure if the Eico has the original knob, but if it does, there are no openings for screws. I am unsure how the cursor would have been attached. I do see the knob you mentioned that has holes for the attachment screws. I will purchase one to replace the damaged indicator knob.

Great idea about keeping 1% caps on hand as standards for checking. I think this 950b was re-capped at some point. It seems to be working fine and I get appropriate responses when checking a capacitor. The eye tube is nice and bright. I think I am going to sleeve some of the internal wiring. Lots of bare wire with some very close to the chassis. I get a good eye response when checking value, although without the cursor/indicator, I have no way of reading the value.

I appreciate you taking time to let me know and I will soon make the Lexan indicator.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Help with Eico 950B knob and pointer - by redcsctrike - 06-11-2019, 04:09 PM