Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Well, I finally got my tombstone!

Look what appeared on my porch today.  610 B .  I initially didn't want a shouldered model, but this one will do fine. Couldn't pass up one not worked over that was reasonably-priced.
The seller did as I requested and removed the speaker and mounted it to a piece of wood, ( Thanks to Kirk for that invaluable piece of info!!!)
In the seller's ad, the cabinet looked sorta rough for some reason, but now I think it was just light reflections, because it doesn't look bad at all in the flesh. I don't think I need to touch the cabinet too much ...maybe new grill cloth after I restore it electronically.  ( I'll start another thread under electronic restoration when I dig into the back of it.)  One of the knobs was replaced with some odd knob, but the seller included the original in an envelope on the shipping box. ( I've placed it back on the shaft for the pics here)  It's missing it's small metal piece under the set screw, but I don't think that will be too difficult to correct.

I wanted a tombstone  to juxtapose with the 89,  and compare and contrast the two designs.  I'm happy!  Icon_biggrin

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
Well, I finally got my tombstone! - by Jake Blake - 09-19-2019, 08:03 PM
RE: Well, I finally got my tombstone! - by rdnzl - 09-21-2019, 08:37 PM