Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Model 48-808, C201 looks like a resistor

Hello, everyone.

It's done!

Regarding the previous issues:

1- About the frequency differences, yet another problem between the chair and the signal generator keypad. The AM modulated signal at the antenna didn't really show the expected pattern on the scope. It turned out I was swapping sine wave frequency and modulating frequency inputs... All good now, set properly aligned.

2- Dial cord replaced. Had never done it before. Between finding the correct type and length of cord and the ordeal to set it properly (in one of the attempts, turning the knob left would make the pointer go right and vice versa...), I personally find it one of the most patience draining tasks of all times. But so rewarding once it's done.

2- Regarding the speaker, a suitable replacement just couldn't be found. The speaker pole did have some rust on it, which was preventing the voice coil from moving freely. It was cleaned as best as possible with compressed air to the point that no further scratching would be noticeable. The cone itself had some tears that were addressed with speaker glue. It's working satisfactory, for the time being.

I'd like to thank everyone for the great support and encouragement. Here it is in action:

[Video: https://youtu.be/0O_uxKeQ09g]

On to the next one!

All the best!
JZ

Messages In This Thread
RE: Model 48-808, C201 looks like a resistor - by jzeferino - 09-05-2020, 02:12 PM