Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New Philco, Need Help!

Hi All,

Thank you for taking the time to help me with this project. I have recently picked up a used Philco Record Cabinet. From what I can gather, this may be a ~70's model? Other than that, I do not know anything about this and am having trouble locating a model number. Here are the issues I am experiencing, and would greatly appreciate any help or advice! This will be my first radio project, so I do not have much experience.

1. Curious if anyone knows the model/how to find it, and maybe a set of instructions?
2. Currently the record player itself is somewhat operable, sometimes I have to spin it a little for it to get going, but then it will play. It is a little noisy, maybe needs to be cleaned/greased? Not sure where to start here! (Also frankly not 100% sure how to operate it)
3. I want to say that the instrument panel needs some work, when I turn the it on sound only comes out of one speaker, but even if I turn the balance knob, it doesn't change anything. The volume knob works, but seems very loud at 2/10, and then quieter at 3/10, then louder, etc. I want to say that maybe they need service? (Some of the switches are very hard to move as well)
4. Not sure if the cause of only one speaker working is related to the instrument panel or something else altogether.

Goals:
1. Short term, I would be happy to have all of the speakers and the record player fully functional. My primary use would be the record player.
2. Ideally I would like to upgrade the speakers, have the record player fully functional, and turn this into a quasi record player/bar cart. Thinking of opening up the space to make more room for bottles glasses, but lets not get carried away before everything works!

Thank you so much!

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
New Philco, Need Help! - by itallstallion89 - 04-27-2020, 12:56 PM
RE: New Philco, Need Help! - by Ron Ramirez - 04-27-2020, 01:30 PM
RE: New Philco, Need Help! - by itallstallion89 - 04-27-2020, 01:44 PM
RE: New Philco, Need Help! - by Ron Ramirez - 04-28-2020, 01:46 PM
RE: New Philco, Need Help! - by Phlogiston - 04-28-2020, 03:42 PM
RE: New Philco, Need Help! - by MrFixr55 - 07-26-2020, 09:06 PM
RE: New Philco, Need Help! - by itallstallion89 - 07-27-2020, 08:39 AM