Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Heath-Zenith (Heathkit) Frequency Counter Model SM-2420

Quote:It’s strange that the frequency your counter is registering changes with the setting of the RF output level control. If your generator was converted the way we discussed, the output level should have no effect on what the counter sees, hmmm! I know my setup stays the same regardless. If you plan on using it to work on any ‘hot chassis’ set, be sure the set only is plugged into an isolation transformer before connecting any test equipment. If I understand correctly, you aren’t sure if your generator is working in the broadcast band. It should show up on your counter. Or if you have a known working radio, you can put  your output lead from the generator near the radio without even connecting to it and you should be able to pick up and tune in the the signal!

Ron

Hi Ron,

Yes, I find that rather strange as well.  Icon_problem 

But anyways, as for the Broadcast Band (Band B) on my Signal Generator not working right, its working, but its not working, (either that or its my Philco Radio) because it does show up on my Frequency Counter but its way off from where it should be, 1500 kHz shows up as being around where 1450 should be on the signal Generator's Dial, its the same with Band A, 460 kHz shows up as being 1 line before 450 kHz, but the rest of the signal generator (Band C-E) is spot on where its supposed to be.

Any ideas as to what that's all about? 

That's the part where its "working" the part where its not working is where its not producing any test tone. 

Any ideas about that strange oddity?

Levi

Messages In This Thread
RE: Heath-Zenith (Heathkit) Frequency Counter Model SM-2420 - by captainclock1988 - 05-08-2020, 12:31 PM