Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1942 Zenith 10S690 belt and pulley issues

Hello everyone late last year I had bought a 1942 Zenith 10S690 Zenith Console Radio that when I got it the belt that was on it had broke (someone had rigged it up with an old O-Ring style belt that ended up breaking) and so I had temporarily rigged it up with some old VCR Square Belts which it worked fine that way for a little bit but then the belt slipped off the flywheel tuning knob shaft and so then the tuner didn't tune as easily (it had two VCR Square Belts rigged up to it), but then I finally found another O-Ring Style belt like what was on there before but then unfortunately when I tried installing it the plastic pulley shaft cover that was on the shaft of the flywheel tuning shaft broke into several pieces and I tried to glue it back together and it wouldn't go back together. 

So now I need to figure out a way to fix the Flywheel Tuning Shaft so that I can install a belt back onto it again, and the way the pulleys were designed on this radio I have a feeling this was designed to work with a flat belt originally, which I think I have some flat belts from some old VCRs that might work on this if I can get the flywheel tuning shaft pulley repaired.

Any one have any ideas of how to go about repairing the pulley on the flywheel tuning shaft on this radio?

Any help with this would be appreciated.

See picture below.

Messages In This Thread
1942 Zenith 10S690 belt and pulley issues - by captainclock1988 - 06-09-2020, 02:03 PM