Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco Model 42-322 Speaker question

Hi, everyone,

So, I'm back working on the Philco Radio. I almost forgot to list it. I'm working on a Model 42-322. And, I might be getting a 42-321 next weekend. One issue that I have is the speaker has a gaping hole torn into the cone. Even if I try to piece it back together, I'll still be missing a chunk. And looking through the information so far, I can't seem to find a suitable replacement. In fact, when I go to Philco Radio and search there, they don't even list my speaker or output transformer at all.

So, my questions are, does anyone know of a suitable replacement for the speaker/assembly? Or, what methods would you recommend for trying to repair the speaker cone? According to the specs, the speaker is a 36-1533-9, the assembly is a 36-4190, the output transformer is a 32-8164, and the field coil is integrated into the speaker (it says "Field Coil: Replace Speaker 36-1533").

Thanks for your help. I'm a long way from actually needing the speaker, but it's better to find it and get it early than not be able to get it later. And I'm going to be back with lots of questions about how to determine which capacitors and resistors to use for replacement (actually if someone wants to chime in about that here, that would be awesome. Icon_biggrin )

Have a great weekend. Icon_smile
Patrick.

Messages In This Thread
Philco Model 42-322 Speaker question - by patrickdickey52761 - 07-18-2020, 07:40 PM