Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Model 70 Closeup picture of EC's and Speaker plug

Greetings,

It has been quite awhile since I've had time and motivation to put any radio chassis on my bench, about 8 years to be exact. I have a friend who is more into vintage TV's than radios and has asked me to help with a Model 70 - early. He replaced the EC caps and tried the it but no sound. Now it on my bench and I've rebuilt the bakelites, Replaced out of spec resistors, including bypassing sections 4,5,6 and the power resistor, section 5 to 6 was at 240 not 180. I powered it up slowly and noted that the 10w 180 resistor I used is getting really hot and no sound. I noticed a wire cut from Cap 33 between the bakelite connection and the speaker plug. According to the schematic there is a connection between the + side of EC number 41 and the 33 resistor. I would, if possible like to see how this wiring is connected. The original EC's were gone when this unit was acquired so any help you can give is greatly appreciated.

Glenn

Happily back in Illinois..not.

Messages In This Thread
Model 70 Closeup picture of EC's and Speaker plug - by Glenn Roberts - 11-19-2020, 03:03 PM