Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 37-3630A (37-630 in the US) Low Volume

Firstly, I'm relatively new to this so please excuse my ignorance.

I have been fighting what I feel is low volume on this set. I get sound, can bring in stations from what was once a dead set so I think I'm a good part of the way there. I've replaced all the caps, tested and replaced resistors where needed including the 3 section candohm and tried replacement tubes in all positions.  I've also measured the volume control and its good.  Bypassed the volume control, same.  I do find that where I am expecting 250V I'm getting roughly 300V and where I expect 70V, I get 80V.  I also see 280V on the 6Q7 where the schematic says there should be 150V (to me this is an obvious problem). So one question is, how close should these voltages be to spec? Could this be my issue?

Another place where I checked voltage was on the 3 connections from the radio to the speaker. I have attached a picture.  Readings I get are Top Right 290V, Bottom Right 328V and Top Left 253V.  So another question I have is how do I find what is expected at these connections? Could this be my issue?

Thanks.

Attached Files Image(s)

Glenn

Messages In This Thread