Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New to Phorum - picked up Zenith S652 and RCA811K

Hi Folks,

I agree that the 6S52 (and table model 6s27 which uses the same chassis) is a major performer given the circuit. It is a 6 tube, sure, but no RF Amp. he tube coubt is 6 the 2nd detector is separate from the first audio amp Usually, they are combined in a 6Q7 or similar tube.

Had a chance to buy one of these for 1.00 when i was a kid in 1967. Dad wouldn't let me. Kid down the road ought it because he wanted to make a guitar amp out of the speaker and cabinet. He gave me the chassis and I have it to this day. I don't know if he was successful, as he did not know enough about electronics to power the field. Now that I am eBay literate, I am looking for a 6S27 (table model) cabinet only, to put the chassis in. Amazingly, it has all the original caps except the filters that I replaced years ago. I should recap it, but amazingly, there is no drippage from these caps. However, definitely recap yours. As you can see, there is plenty of room to work inside the chassis. This radio dates to 1936. Fix the chassis and enjoy it as you refinish the cabinet.

Everyone is right. The Black Dial is cool when lit. The Lightning bolt Z freaks my wife out!

Best Regards,

John, "MrFixr55"

"Do Justly, love Mercy and walk humbly with your God"- Micah 6:8
Best Regards, 

MrFixr55

Messages In This Thread
RE: New to Phorum - picked up Zenith S652 and RCA811K - by MrFixr55 - 02-22-2021, 09:56 PM