Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

How do you digitally organize your Philco collection?

I also use Excel. I keep 2 workbooks that are continuously updated every time I buy or sell a radio.  One is a single sheet, row-per-radio list of models and values, which I update to my insurance agent about once a year.

The other is a ginormous workbook where I use a sheet-per-radio.  For a given radio purchase, I record a sheet with all the info that seems relevant... Seller's name, history of the set, purchase price, date, shipping costs, # of tubes and types used, # of bands, type of power supply, parts purchased, the price I sell it for, and the net amount I invested in that radio. Oh, and a photo, too. I paste a photo of each set into the sheet for that radio.

At the end of the workbook, I have a statistics sheet that totals up total # of radios bought and sold, average age, avg tube count, total and average-per-radio parts cost, total loss on sales, and anything else I'm interested in tracking.  I append new sheets at the end, between the most recent purchase and the statistics sheet, which must always be last. Then I copy-paste another sheet's contents to transfer the form layout to the new sheet.

And I back up my hard drive, yes.

-Rodney