Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Silvertone 1906 Electrolytic Question from Newbie

I’m attempting to restore a Silvertone 1906 and don’t want to mess up the electrolytic caps. The existing cap, a Mallory. I assume it is taking the place of C-20 and C-9, which were both 8 mfd caps.  I include a pic of how this electrolytic was wired. It shows the red wire connected to both ends of the cap. I was hoping someone could tell me why this was done and it’s purpose.

I am going to replace the Mallory cap with two separate 10 mfd caps but want to ensure I have the + and - connections connected properly. Any assistance would be appreciated. My confidence with wiring electrolytics correctly is such that I prefer to get advice from the Phorum. My schematic reading training is ongoing.

The last photo is a short red wire soldered to the cathode of tube 84. The other end has come loose. I can’t tell where the loose end used to be attached, and I can’t see anything on the schematic as to where this wire should go. Again...any advice is welcome.

I’m very new to the hobby, so I take no offense to any assistance.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
Silvertone 1906 Electrolytic Question from Newbie - by bobclausen - 02-21-2021, 08:42 PM