Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Need help to fix my unintentional mistake.

My husband inherited a PHILCO 41-300X (Thank you Terry).  He recently had it restored to working condition and it now is in our living room.  In May I had surgery on my back and received some flowers in a rectangle ceramic vase.  It wasn't until the flowers died and I was cleaning it all up that I noticed a hairline crack in the bottom of the vase which left a water mark on the top of the radio.  I googled how to remove water stains and went with the baking soda/water paste.  It was working...or so I thought so I really scrubbed hard.  That was a mistake and my heart sank when I saw what I had done.  After a few restoration searches, I kept seeing this forum show up with some extremely skilled and knowledgeable people and joined hoping I could get some help and guidance on how to repair it.  I have been hiding the top with my daughter's high school diploma waiting for husband to go on a fire assignment as I knew it would take some time to get this repaired.  He just left a couple of days ago to IC a fire in Montana.  The damage is 4"x9".  I am interested in steps, products, and color(s) needed for the repairs.  Thank you to all ahead of time.              

Messages In This Thread
Need help to fix my unintentional mistake. - by lesrobis - 08-08-2021, 11:46 AM