Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Philco 48-1274

I'm not a collector but I have a 48-1274 (radio/phonograph/short wave). I might sell it, but I have no idea about pricing. Maybe someone can provide me with a range based on condition. It is all original (maybe a tube or two was replaced over the years, but I don't know). It was extremely well cared for and has only a couple issues. First, the electrical cord was frayed at the point of entry into the chassis and finally came off. I still have the original cord, though. Also, years ago a collector/restorer told me it needed a filter capacitor because it hummed. Not knowing anything about tubes, I think this is all that is wrong with it. The only other thing is that the dark backing on the dial is flaking. This has to do with age, I suppose. The cabinet is in excellect condition. Looks like it did when it came out of the store in 1948, maybe just a tad of drying of the veneer on the two front panels. I think this one is mahagony. My grandparents bought a house from a little old lady in the 1970s who was going into a home and she left the radio (probably because it weighed a ton and she couldn't take it with her). They gave it to me 30 years ago and I have lugged it around for all that time. I have decided to either get it going and keep it or just sell it to a collector. If I sell it to a collector, should I have it fixed first? I would appreciate your input.

Messages In This Thread
Philco 48-1274 - by Guest - 03-13-2010, 01:22 PM
Re: Philco 48-1274 - by gary rabbitt - 03-15-2010, 11:19 PM
Re: Philco 48-1274 - by Guest - 03-16-2010, 10:47 PM