Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Power supply design needed from master designer Terry

About 5 years ago, Terry supplied me with a great power supply for a Philco Farm set...

This past Spring I was gifted a Silvertone model 4640 battery set and thought I'd be able to build another power supply like the above for it. There's just one problem, as you'll see on the schematic below... (besides the 5 bias cells I marked in yellow)

This set uses a vibrator supply for the "B". So unless I eliminate that vibrator supply altogether, this power supply design won't work.

I'm leaning towards just eliminating the vibrator supply box altogether, and using the above supply design from Terry. That would eliminate the troublesome vibrator (which may not be any good anyhow).

If I'm able to restore the vibrator supply I guess I just need to feed the radio 6VDC starting with a 120:6 filament transformer? Does AES have one of these?

Maybe Terry can sketch something up or revise the above that would work with this radio? (Happy New Year, Terry!)

Thanks!

Greg V.
West Bend, WI
Member WARCI.org

Messages In This Thread
Power supply design needed from master designer Terry - by NostalgiaRadioTime - 01-02-2022, 12:33 AM