Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Zenith Royal 2000-1 AM/FM Radio Issues

Hello everyone, the other day I had gotten a Zenith Royal 2000-1 AM/FM Radio from 1961 (according to some dates stamped in the radio) that still had its original manual with it yet.

When I got it home and went to try it out, I turned it on and I wasn't getting anything out of the unit (no static, or anything) and so I went to check the battery compartment to see if there were any batteries in it or not, and there were some batteries in it that were fairly new looking and they weren't leaky or anything, and the battery compartment was pretty clean (very minimal corrosion), but the 12V Wall Wort power supply plug on the side of the radio was badly corroded, and so was the headphone jack.

My question is, what would cause this radio to not power up?

It does have socketed Germanium Transistors of which they all are original to the set, and unfortunately my transistor checker died on me otherwise I would be checking the transistors.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

I did download the Sam's for this radio so I can follow along with what you guys are talking about when you are telling me what to check.

Messages In This Thread