Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New Member with Philco 38-12 open oscillator coil

Hello Philco Restorers

This is my first post on this forum.  I have a 38-12 that someone else started a recap.  When I bought this totally dead radio at an antique store however, none of the resistors were replaced and the variable capacitor's isolating grommets were dry and crumbling and were not replaced. These are the repairs I have made so far.   I also have installed a P-C70 Osc universal oscillator as a temporary fix and the radio has been working at the higher broadcast frequencies.   I would like to use the stock coil in this radio rather than try to spend more time troubleshooting why the lower end of the BC band is not being received with the universal oscillator coil.

Unfortunately every one of the four wires on the original oscillator coil are hanging and loose from whichever solder lug they once were connected to.  So I am wondering if anyone that has rewound the original 38-12 oscillator coil has a sketch of which solder lug the top and bottom of both the primary and secondary coil windings were connected to?  My second question is what was the original wire size was for both the primary and secondary coil windings? On my coil form, the wire appears to be two different sizes.   Lastly, did anyone record the number of turns on each coil?  Any help on rewinding this original Philco coil will be appreciated.

Ernie

Messages In This Thread
New Member with Philco 38-12 open oscillator coil - by eewat - 08-09-2022, 09:29 AM