Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Philco 46-480 Replacing Field Coil w/ Perm Mag (I know I know)

Hi Rev,

LOL on the perm. Your lightning rod comment reminds me of a character in the John Candy movie "The Great Outdoors" When asked how many times he was struck by lightning, the character who had a white streak in his hair replied "Sisisisisixisixisixty six times in nnininin ththththte hhhhehhead!!

Maybe that is why my hair is curlier than my 3 brothers and 2 sisters! "Old Restorer" posts the number of times that he has been electrocuted.

The fact that I made it into adulthood without being blinded, maimed or killed, other than being a little mentally ill (so my Wife tells me) is proof of a loving and benevolent God (and boy, do I owe Him!)

If i got too jargony, sorry. let me know and I can elaborate.

Do try the simple things. Wiggle the oscillator mixer tube, the 2 IF tubes and the detector tube in their sockets. If a lot of static while wiggling, clean contacts. also slowly turn the band switch to see if you get static or if the radio starts playing. Then go for the heavy stuff that I wrote about.

Good luck and keep us all posted!

"Do Justly, love Mercy and walk humbly with your God"- Micah 6:8
Best Regards, 

MrFixr55

Messages In This Thread
RE: Philco 46-480 Replacing Field Coil w/ Perm Mag (I know I know) - by MrFixr55 - 09-22-2022, 08:41 AM