Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Anyone know about Watterson Speakers?

I got a pair of Wattersons back in the early 70's that came from the home of someone that was changing their stereo system. By the time I got them, my dad had already installed new 8" coaxials. I've since rebuilt and refinished them. The cabs are real wood measuring 10.5 by 12.5 by 28 and sit in 2 inch legs. Watterson and High Fidelity are stencilled on a brass polished metal plate at the base of the speaker cab and this plate helps to secure the front wood panel behind it. The face plate panels were cut for 8" woofers and I believe a 4" tweeter or midrange. The faceplate piece to which the speakers attach can very easily be reversed so the woofer is up top. Four screws behind brass hole covers in the grill cloth hold the faceplate in place. Remove the screws, pull the facepate with speakers away, turn it upsidedown and reinstall and you have woofer uptop. I did some research about 6 years ago when I was rebuilding them and found reference to Watterson Electronics somewhere in Texas, but not much else. Hope this helps.

Messages In This Thread
Anyone know about Watterson Speakers? - by Guest - 05-06-2010, 03:12 PM
Re: Anyone know about Watterson Speakers? - by Guest - 05-11-2010, 01:21 PM
Re: Anyone know about Watterson Speakers? - by Guest - 05-11-2010, 09:35 PM
Re: Anyone know about Watterson Speakers? - by Guest - 05-15-2010, 11:11 AM